WHAT ARE COOKIES AND WHICH ONES ARE THEY?
Cookies are small lines of text that a website can send, during the navigation, to the owner’s device (be it a PC, a notebook, a smartphone, a tablet; normally they are conserved directly in the browser used for navigation). The same website who sent them can, later on, read and register cookies found on the device to obtain different kinds of information. Each cookie generally contains: the name of the server it was sent from; the due date and a value, normally a single number randomly generated by the computer. The website’s server transfers cookies using this number to recognise the User when they return to the website or navigate from one page to another. Cookies can not only be installed by the manager of the website visited by the user (first-party cookies), but also from another website that installs cookies through the first website (third-party cookies) and is able to recognise them. This can happen because there may be certain elements present (images, maps, sounds, links to pages with other domains, etc.)on the visited website that reside on different servers from that of the visited website. Generally, cookies are classified in different types based on:
- Session cookies (temporary), that are automatically cancelled when the browser is closed;
- Persistent cookies that are active until their due-date or until the user cancels them.
- First-party cookies sent to the browser directly from the website you are visiting;
- Third-party cookies sent to the browser from other websites and not the website you are visiting.
- Technical cookies
- Navigational Cookies/Indispensable/of Performance/of Process or of security contributing to the website’s functioning, such as the possibility to navigate between pages or access protected areas. If they are blocked, the website may not function correctly;
- Functionality cookies/Preferences/Localisation/of the session’s state, allowing to memorise information that modify the behaviour or looks of the website (preferred language, text size and characters, geographical area in which you are). If they are blocked, the experience is less functional but not compromised.
- Statistical cookies/analytical a) first-party or b) third-party with IP masking, without contained data’s crossing with predisposed cookies; assimilable to the technical cookie for purpose, is required to gather information and generate the website’s usage statistics to understand how users interact.
- Not Technical cookies
- Profiling cookies/publicity/advertising/of tracking or of conversions for the advertisement’s selection based on what is pertinent to the user (personalised ads). Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles related to the user and are used to send advertising messages pertinent to the preferences that have been manifested during their navigation online.
- Technical cookies
Generally speaking, beyond the types of cookies used by our website, we’d like to inform the users that, aside all the protections provided by the current legislation, there are options to navigate without cookies, such as:
- Blocking third-party cookies: Third-party cookies aren’t normally essential for navigating, so you can refuse them by default, through the appropriate functions of your browser.
- Activate the Do Not Track option: the Do Not Track option is present in most new generation browsers. The websites that are designed to respect this option should, when activated, automatically quit collecting some of your navigational data. As aforementioned, not all websites are set up to respect this option (discretional).
- Activate the “Incognito mode”: through this function you can navigate without leaving trace of your navigational data i your browser. Websites won’t remember you, the pages you visit won’t be memorised in your browser history, and new cookies will be erased. Incognito mode does not however allow you to be anonymous on the internet, because it only allows you to not keep navigational data in the browser, while your navigational data will still be visible to website managers and internet providers.
- Eliminate cookies directly: there are specific functions for it in all browsers. Remember however that new cookies will be downloaded with every internet connection, so the erasure operation should be done periodically. Willingly, a few browsers offer automatised systems to periodically erase cookies. For any further information regarding cookies, we recommend you consult the following link: https://www.garanteprivacy.it/web/garante-privacy-en/home_en. Also, to know how to limit, block, and/or remove the cookies saved on your website, we recommend you visit the following link: http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
WHAT COOKIES DOES THIS WEBSITE USE
- A) Technical Cookies, used only to “carry out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communication net or, if strictly necessary, to the provider of the service of the informational company explicitly requested by the subscriber or of the user of such service” (art. 122, comma 1 Privacy code).
- B) Navigational or session cookies - they guarantee regular navigation and fruition of the website;
- C) Analytical cookies - together with technical cookies, for they are used directly by the website manager to gather information, in an aggregate and anonymous way, on the number of users and how these visit the website itself.
- D) Third-party cookies: these cookies are installed on the user’s terminal by managers of third-party websites (Google Analytics), through our website. Third-party cookies derive from the functionality of Google Analytics for the purpose of analysis.
It is possible to gather more information about Google Analytics by clicking on the following link: https://www.google.it/intl/en_uk/analytics/#?modal_active=none. This website uses Google Analytics cookies with anonymous IP with effort not to cross information contained in the cookies with other information already at hand. To disable cookies and prevent Google Analytics from gathering your navigational data, you can download the following browser component to disable Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout The absence of cookie disabling for this website means consent to cookie use and to the data gathered by them.
Some Cookies (Session cookies) remain active until the browser is closed. Other cookies “survive” the browser’s closing and are available in further visits by the user. These cookies are called persistent and their duration is fixed by the server from the moment of their creation. In some cases it has a due date, in others their duration is illimited.
BUTTONS AND SOCIAL NETWORK WIDGETS
Social buttons are buttons on the website representing social network logos (such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.) and they allow the users who are navigating to interact directly with the social platforms with a “click”. The social buttons on our website are linked to the Owner’s accounts on the portrayed social network. Through these buttons there are thus no third-party cookies installed. Here are however the privacy policies of the websites whose social buttons redirect you to:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Google+: http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/managing/
- Youtube https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895?hl=it
- Instagram https://help.instagram.com/1896641480634370?ref=ig
- Tripadvisor http://info.evidon.com/pub_info/1202?v=1&nt=0
www.beeboatservice.com is not responsible for the contents of third-party websites.
We also inform the user that they can configure, freely and in any moment, their privacy parameters related to cookie use and installation, directly through their navigation program (browser) by following their relative instructions. Specifically, the user can set up a “private navigation”, thanks to which to navigational program interrupts the saving of the history of the visited websites, of the inserted passwords, of the cookies, and of other information about the visited pages. We warn you that in the event you decided to deactivate all the cookies (including the technical ones), the quality and speed of the services proposed on our website may drastically worsen and you may lose access to a few sections of the website itself.
PRACTICAL INDICATIONS FOR THE USER FOR THE CORRECT SETTING OF THE BROWSER FOR COOKIES DEACTIVATION
We remind the user that he can manage their own preferences on cookies through their own browser, as well. To know the type of browser you are using, we recommend you click on “Help” on the browser’s window on the top, where you can access all the necessary information. To instead know the type and version of your browser, all you need to do is click the link corresponding to the browser you are using to access the page on cookie management. To block or limit your cookie use, both from our website and other websites, directly through your browser, you can follow the simple instructions provided below for the most commonly used browsers.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozzilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Enabling%20and%20disabling%20cookies
- Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/
For further information, we recommend you visit the page www.youronlinechoices.eu
LastUpdate Date 25/5/2018